[TriLUG] 512/4096B cluster size incompatibilities

David Burton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Jan 5 14:49:30 EST 2019

It definitely surprised me, too, Joe!  It's a weird one.

It is understandable that you missed it. We tend to see what we expect to
see, which is why it's so hard to proofread your own writing.

I wonder whether it is a defect in this particular unit, or in all
the Vantec enclosures of this model? Perhaps they never tested with 4TB
drives in both slots.

You could ask them about it. They're apparently a U.S. company:
http://www.vantecusa.com/

If I was an engineer at Vantec I'd want to know about this (and I'd want to
make it right), and I'd be grateful for being told about it.

Dave