[TriLUG] Spectrum not in a hurry

bick via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Feb 1 12:14:56 EST 2019

You can also try running fast.com, which is Netflix's speed test. it may also be worth it to check to make sure you are connecting to your router at the correct speed. We have had problems lately with our router dropping Wi-Fi etc. So when even my desktop which is hardwired only speed tested between 30 megabits and 70 megabits on a 200 megabit connection, I just chalked it up to the router causing problems.  However, I noticed in gnome settings that my computer was only connecting to the router at 100 megabits. Apparently, I needed to replace the ethernet cable. After doing so, I consistently speed test at around or just over 200 megabits.  while I don't assume that this is also your issue, it may help to show them that you've covered all of the bases when you call.