[TriLUG] Ubuntu 18.04 upgrade problem

Bill Weinel via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Apr 16 08:40:28 EDT 2019

The following has always worked for me in instances like you describe:

# first to recover from a failed update/upgrade
sudo dpkg --configure -a
# then to get the latest and install all
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade

As always, I recommend having a good system backup image prior to performing
any system updates.

Cheers,
Bill