[TriLUG] Ubuntu 18.04 upgrade problem

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Apr 16 10:04:00 EDT 2019

Thanks for the cookbook, Bill. Unfortunately, that isn't what I'm
looking for. I'm talking about a singleĀ  package update screwing up over
and over because the left hand thinks a file is locally available while
the right hand discovers it isn't there. I'm looking for a way to move
the state of the system backwards a step so it is as if the need for
that package upgrade has just been discovered and there is the chance to
get the needed files properly from the 'Net. I think I could simply
remove the package, but it might cascade badly, all the way to forcing
reinstalls of a very large cross-dev tool chain, etc, so I'm looking for
a surgical solution.

-Pete