[TriLUG] Looking for Linux Based Practice problems

Kevin Faulkner via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Apr 19 08:57:09 EDT 2019

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:38:05 -0400
Steven Tardy via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 1:27 PM Matthew Glassman via TriLUG <
> trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm looking for linux based practice test problems and scenarios.
> >
> SANS Holiday hack challenges are always top notch.
>
> Ed Skoudis is a wizard!

I saw this when it popped up on HN in December or November I think,
there are some on there that can be challenging and if you continue
diving into the problem I think it really benefit anyone ie: if I was a
data scientist and I didn't know what a WAF was, it could help me.
https://github.com/trimstray/test-your-sysadmin-skills

It could be really neat if this were tied into an IRC quizbot

Since you brought up an example of a game, you could look at this:
Pacman + vim
https://github.com/jmoon018/PacVim

Another game that came to mind (although I've never played it)
postgres + space game
https://github.com/Abstrct/Schemaverse || https://schemaverse.com/

-Kevin