[TriLUG] TriLUG Digest, Vol 3525, Issue 1

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jun 7 15:45:12 EDT 2019

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 3:30 PM Pete Soper via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> Curious: Did you put it back and confirm it breaks booting?
>
> Coincidentally, I have hair-pulling changes happen to my Ubuntu 18.04
> system to the point of not wanting to install updates. I don't have a
> good story for why I moved from Debian stable to Ubuntu some time ago,
> but I regret it.

      If it makes any of you feel better, I have a laptop whose
baremetal OS is ubuntu 16.04 because I use it to watch movies and do
blender thingies. I let it upgrade to 18.04 and, to put it nicely,
some of the decisions made regarding the user interface were not my
cup of tea. As of now I wiped it and put 16.04 back. And am
considering either switch to something else in the future or do what I
do with desktops and vm guests and install ubuntu server and then put
LXCE on the top.

The 27" imac I have that will be taken to SELF next week is also
running 16.04. I see no incentive to go to 18 right now.