[TriLUG] Ubuntu 18.04 Problems

Bill Farrow via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jun 10 08:30:22 EDT 2019

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 10:20 AM Bill Weinel via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> After dealing with a failed upgrade in the past, I have found that the best
> policy is to always have a complete clone of your operating system drive PRIOR
> to preforming any major system upgrade.

In this day and age, why aren't all the major distros using a modern
files system with snapshot and roll back ? All upgrades should
automatically snapshot the current state of the filesystem before
performing an upgrade, and make it easy for the user to undo when
things go wrong.

Bill