[TriLUG] Strangeness in the Zip-world

shay walters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 3 20:03:28 EDT 2019

Aside from Mac or Win, you could try gunzip or p7zip under linux.  Since
you had some earlier files that would unzip OK, maybe a system update had
updated the zip software and broken it at some recent point.  Or perhaps
the unzip package was what got broken.  That's why I suggested trying
something else to determine if the zip fie is bad (indicating the zip
package is broken) or whether the unzip package is broken.

Anyway, hope that helps.