[TriLUG] AWstats question

Steven Tardy via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jul 5 21:07:11 EDT 2019

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 8:41 PM Brian McCullough via TriLUG <
trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> Normally, I would do this with "cat" to combine all of the log files,
> and then tell awstats to have at it.  Since everything seemed to stall,
> I found the "logresolvemerge" tool, provided with awstats, and things
> still stalled, until I took a suggestion and turned on debugging.  It
> was taking about 15 minutes to process one month!  Oh, well.

Try copying the logs to /dev/shm and run awstats logmerge.

Years ago tried to munge several server logs for awstats and job times grew
increasingly longer. Didn’t seem to be IO bound, but temporarily copying
the files to /dev/shm decreased awstats processing time *dramatically*.

Hope that helps.

Tardy