[TriLUG] recent "Poor Reputation Sender" bounces

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 9 10:59:23 EDT 2019

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019, Matt Flyer via TriLUG wrote:

> Two comments: One, the 192.168.122.3 is an RFC1918 address,

yes. understand

> Two, I would expect that the hosting provider has an option in the DNS
> configuration to assign the reverse lookup record.  It should be
> somewhere in or around the section where you assign the forward A
> record and other custom entries.

yes. But the hosting provider gets only one reverse lookup record for each IP.
If it's NAT'ing, then there are any number of domains using that IP. The hosting
provider usually uses the reverse record for themselves.

Joe

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml