[TriLUG] recent "Poor Reputation Sender" bounces

ac via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 10 03:21:13 EDT 2019

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 13:27:29 -0400
Brian via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> On 7/9/19 1:17 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG wrote:
> > wondering how many other Trilug'ers were sending e-mail from pilot
> I relay my outbound mail from my home server through Pilot since I
> have a dynamic public IP, but I don't use an @trilug.org account for
> send or receive.  I don't know if anyone else is doing something
> similar.  I haven't noticed many bounces, but then I also have begun
> using gmail more for "critical" communication.

imnsho, the issue is not SPF or in-addr.arpa - It is simply reputation.

We all score different listings with different weights.

Mimecast seems to score www.senderscore.org very high and very heavy.

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/208.79.82.66.html

Senderscore: Sender Score Metrics: 9 (0 = worst, 100 = best)

for example: Mimecast scores Anti Scams (ascams.com) at 0
whereas I score superblock at 5.5 - I also score SpamCop (spamcop.net)
on Blocking List at 5.5

I score senderscore at 0

as their evaluation, imnsho, some based on injected 3rd party data and
not reliable for scoring (senderscore themselves are listed at some
resources - which is how bad it actually is...)

Anyway, when you have email servers you need to pay careful attention
to your reputation as delivering at some places is problematic when you
are listed somewhere for something - even if it is 3rd party spoof in
fake headers, you will still have to request re-evaluation /
de-listing, etc - as it will bite you and affect your deliverability or ability to deliver

Andre