[TriLUG] recent "Poor Reputation Sender" bounces

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 10 12:30:49 EDT 2019

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019, ac via TriLUG wrote:

> http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/208.79.82.66.html

thanks Andre,

I'm unfamiliar with many of your tests.

However I went to the URL above and saw the results. We have about a dozen fails
because our(?) DNS server was not accessible. I have no idea how serious this
is.

As a control, I ran the IP on the outside of my home NAT router (a 486 Linux
box), to find much the same results (DNS failures) (I don't expect my router's
IP is listed in any DNS). I don't have any low ports open. So pilot has about
the same score as a router showing no services.

> Anyway, when you have email servers you need to pay careful attention
> to your reputation

I assume the person/people running the e-mail here are doing it as a kind
service to the club members and probably only getting the occassional pat on the
back for it. I assume, once they've set the machine up, they hope that it just
doesn't break and that no-one's doing anything bad with it.

So thanks guys, whoever you are.

If you need help, I'm prepared to put some kbd time into finding the problem.
I like having trilug.org as a mailserver and would be happy to pay back
something for the resource.

Thanks

Joe

jmack at trilug.org

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml