[TriLUG] recent "Poor Reputation Sender" bounces

Alan Porter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 18 11:40:50 EDT 2019

> I've offered my help to the SC (in e-mail from this address), but
> haven't heard back.

I don't currently run the mail server on pilot, but I did do the
original installation and setup of it way back in March of 2009.  I do
still run two mail servers which are basically clones of what we have on
pilot, and I have occasionally put in such blacklist removal requests.
And I have also put in temporary routing rules to relay all
earthlink.com-destined email through one of the other mail servers which
is not blacklisted.

I think the main thing to do in these cases is to send a note to
administrators of the blacklists, asking for our sender hostname or IP
to be removed from their blacklist.  I can't recall if any of their
usual confirmation steps would require any kind of tech access to our
DNS or mail server... but I don't think so.  I would think that as a
user of trilug.org, you could put in such a request.  Just be polite and
describe well the problem you're seeing.

Alan