[TriLUG] recent "Poor Reputation Sender" bounces

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 18 14:22:33 EDT 2019

On Thu, 18 Jul 2019, Alan Porter wrote:

>> I've offered my help to the SC (in e-mail from this address), but
>> haven't heard back.

.
.

> I would think that as a user of trilug.org, you could put in such a request.
> Just be polite and describe well the problem you're seeing.

Thanks.

I didn't realise the little guy could do this. I thought it would have to be
someone associated with the domain name registration.

Sure enough, there are instructions at earthlink on what to do to get yourself
unblocked, and a notice saying that the blocks don't apply to the e-mail address
they give you.

I did all they said to do and sent it off to the abuse address to immediately
get a bounce from cloudmark.com

"
Your host has been blocked because it is listed with one or more RBLs.

Please check with the services listed below to find out which RBL(s)
your are listed with and get information on how to get removed.

Cloudmark Sender Intelligence
http://csi.cloudmark.com/reset-request/
"

I take it that getting unblocked is a recursive process?

If someone's sending spam from trilug.org, won't the blocks be all back in place
in a short time and my efforts will be futile? Is it possible we're getting
blocked and no-one is doing anything bad here?

Thanks Joe

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml