[TriLUG] recent "Poor Reputation Sender" bounces

ac via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Jul 20 03:26:49 EDT 2019

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 17:39:50 +0000 (GMT)
Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG wrote:
> > https://trilug.org/~jmack/senderscore/senderscore.3355.jpg
> > The only problem seems to be "Sender Rejected". I assume there are
> > e-mail addresses on the mailing list that don't accept the mailing
> > list e-mails.
> hmm.
> I think I have this wrong. I'd assumed there were bad e-mail
> addresses on the TriLUG mailing list. (This is easy to check. Someone
> with access to the e-mail logs will know.)
> Now it seems like they're saying "the reason we're rejecting your
> e-mails, is because your e-mails are being rejected".
> Do I understand this correctly?
> Thanks Joe

"Sender Rejected" Could mean anything, it is not a "standard" or even a
thing as it relates to general abuse management.

In terms of email servers, and email relay, it "could" be a bounce message and have a
number, for example 550, etc.

As far as abuse management is concerned, there are many "Sender
Example" things that are related, such as "Sender Verify", for example.

So... As far as the SenderScore proprietary system is concerned, it
looks like they harvest/buy/receive/generate/produce/share/etc some
email logs from wherever and then apply that "data" to what they call
"Sender Rejected" - It may be that Pilot at one/any stage rejected
email from SenderScore or a senderscore paying service/cleint/whatever
it may mean that a sender verify failed it may mean so many things
and/or nothing....

Unfortunately, as it is a mystery and as SenderScore is proprietary,
and as their is no standard or even proper information the best
resolution I have found for clients in the past is to pay them money.

Paying them money solves the "reputation" problem so quickly...

Pilot is not sending spam, as I cannot find any public reported abuse
recently, so this is yet another example, for myself, that proves that
SenderScore is filled with false positives, fake or old dated data and
is basically not useful or suited for use in production email servers...

Andre