[TriLUG] recent "Poor Reputation Sender" bounces

ac via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Jul 21 03:03:27 EDT 2019

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 12:12:53 +0000 (GMT)
Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> Is there a solution to this for TriLUG or do I have to start using
> gmail?

Soon, there will only be Microsoft and Google.

They already dominate email and with office365 Microsoft new strategy
is to softly softly take over the world...

> So far I have 3 people I can't send to from trilug
> o 554 208.79.82.66 has a poor reputation on Cloudmark Sender
> Intelligence (CSI)
> http://csi.cloudmark.com/reset-request/?ip=208.79.82.66
> o 550 IP 208.79.82.66 is blocked by EarthLink. Go to
> earthlink.net/block for details.
> o 550 csi.mimecast.org Poor Reputation Sender. -
> https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550
> It's a bit of a maze of mirrors at the moment. I don't know if the
> information to block us is coming from one place or if these three
> systems have decided independantly to block us.
> thanks
> Joe

It's all the same thing - SenderScore "rating" - Mimecast depends
heavily on this "score" so does many other older and not great email
service providers...

To see the "free" world / independent view for Pilot:

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/208.79.82.66.html
(I see SenderScore is now 61 - (checkout number #791) whahahaha )

Here, for example is one of Google's "best" or "better" email servers -
Some Google servers are so bad that they cannot be used to send email to
many places.... Microsoft is even a worse spammer...btw...

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/209.85.221.52.html

So, life is not fair, and facts are what the winner says they are :)

Andre