[TriLUG] Retrieve emails from old server

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jul 22 12:39:55 EDT 2019

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019, John Mitchell via TriLUG wrote:

need more information.

o how much access do you have to the old and new machines? Do you have a shell
account? Can you rsync/tar the mail directories from old to new before you fire
up the new MTA?

Joe

> I admin (web site & email) a site for a small company. I just moved
> everything to a new provider for them, we're up and running ok (the old
> provider had a meltdown).
>  My question is how can I pull the emails from the old server? I have all
> the passwords and names, I'm just not familiar with a process to pull them.
> I considered using a client (like claws-mail), setting it up for one user,
> connecting and receiving. Is this feasible or a better way is to do???
>
> john mitchell

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml