[TriLUG] Retrieve emails from old server

John Mitchell via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jul 22 12:34:50 EDT 2019

I admin (web site & email) a site for a small company. I just moved
everything to a new provider for them, we're up and running ok (the old
provider had a meltdown).
  My question is how can I pull the emails from the old server? I have all
the passwords and names, I'm just not familiar with a process to pull them.
I considered using a client (like claws-mail), setting it up for one user,
connecting and receiving. Is this feasible or a better way is to do???

john mitchell