[TriLUG] Retrieve emails from old server

John Mitchell via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jul 22 13:29:19 EDT 2019

For email, all I have access to is a minimal "Email Administration" panel,
not a true MS Exchange Panel (I guess it may be MS Exchange? (possibly
Server 2003!)). I can see a users mailbox but my choices are change
password, mail forward, inbound rules, auto respond, Mailboxes or Delete
this user. In the "Mailbox" I can "Empty" the mailbox or add a
'sub-mailbox). That's it.
At this point, no one needs copies of the old emails but I would like to
try to save them before we cancel the old hosting.
 The Web server is separate, no email on it.

> need more information.
> can you just restore the e-mails from backup to the new machine?

No backups of any kind that I know of.