[TriLUG] Storage server diy

Bill Weinel via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Aug 3 10:14:41 EDT 2019

On Friday, August 2, 2019 8:10:11 PM EDT Matt Pusateri via TriLUG wrote:
> I’d seriously look at Freenas if you don’t have experience. It’ll give you
> an appliance like experience which may be valuable. Has ZFS out of the box
> which Is probably more stable than ZFS on Linux  because it’s based on
> FreeBSD. And I believe that you can get support through IX Systems if you
> would need it.

I have used NAS4Free (PHP version based upon the original Freenas 0.7 code)
here for a few years and have no complaints. Based upon your individual needs,
you may wish to review the comparison to see which would work better for your
application.

https://www.freenas.org/freenas-vs-nas4free/

Cheers
Bill