[TriLUG] Storage server diy

Matt Pusateri via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Aug 2 20:10:11 EDT 2019

I’d seriously look at Freenas if you don’t have experience. It’ll give you an appliance like experience which may be valuable. Has ZFS out of the box which Is probably more stable than ZFS on Linux  because it’s based on FreeBSD. And I believe that you can get support through IX Systems if you would need it. As they sell TrueNas appliance storage.

The big thing is what your storage use cases are. That will impact type of drives and speeds. I’ve rolled my own with Supermicro drive chassis.

Is this for personal or work use?

Matt P.

Sent from my iPhone