[TriLUG] Debian 10 (Buster) on Brand-New OptiPlex 3070 Installer is Glacial

Alan Porter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Aug 24 08:58:10 EDT 2019

> From the grub prompt, if I choose the graphical installation option, it's minutes before the GUI appears.

This one line makes me suspect the USB stick.  Is it plugged into the same USB hub as some other USB 1.0 decide that has downgraded the whole bus to slower keyboard/mouse-like speeds?  That can make the USB storage access very slow.

This does not sound like a CPU has too few cores” issue, or “is running at low speed” issue.  This sounds more like something is either stuck or timing out.

- Alan