[TriLUG] [SOLVED] RE: Debian 10 (Buster) on Brand-New OptiPlex 3070 Installer is Glacial

David Burton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Aug 26 14:26:59 EDT 2019

That is, indeed, odd!

Well, anyhow, I suggest that as long as you're setting up a new system,
now's the time to install a 2nd drive, using software RAID1 to mirror the
first drive.

Mirroring an HDD with another HDD will not only improve reliability, it
will probably also make a noticeable improvement in performance, too.

Mirroring an SSD with either an HDD or another SSD probably won't make much
difference in performance, but it will still make a big difference in
reliability.

Dave