[TriLUG] IDE for C/C++ development?

Brian Henning via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Nov 6 09:53:41 EST 2019

I've used both Qt Creator (Community) and CodeLite recently.  If you want to develop against Qt, Qt Creator is probably your best bet.  CodeLite is a good choice for developing against wxWidgets.  For console applications or daemon development, I wouldn't say either one is better than the other.  That's just what I've settled on, of course; there's NetBeans, Eclipse, and who knows how many text editors with hooks for running compilers and gdb.

$0.02,
-B