[TriLUG] Jan 09: Misuing Docker for Fun

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jan 7 14:30:58 EST 2020

Presenter: Mauricio Tavares
When: Thursday, 09 January 2020 - 6:45pm to 9:00pm
Where: NCSU College of Textiles, 1020 Main Campus Dr., Room 2207
Parking: Underground parking deck immediately adjacent to the building
(https://trilug.org/meetings/)
Map: https://trilug.org/meetings/
Video:
Speaker notes
Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/trilug/events/mnstrqyzqbqb/

This will be interesting: introvert me will be giving a talk?! What's
the world come to? But before that, we will be announcing the some
Trilug News. Be there or be square! Or wait until we add them to the
site.

Summary

About the talk, people use docker -- by itself, in a swarm, or behind
kubernetes -- to do software as a service or something like that. But,
is that all it can do? Can we use it for other applications when we
are too lazy to build a full virtual machine or baremetal server? And,
why should we do that?

Bio

According to Gag Halfrunt, Mauricio "iz just zis guy, you know?"

Sponsor
TriLUG Members Like YOU keeps our pizzas running! Thank you!