[TriLUG] Spectrum vs AT&T

Steven Tardy via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Jan 26 18:12:22 EST 2020

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 1:22 PM David Both via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org>
wrote:

> I have spectrum at 300Mb but am currently having lots of problems with
> dropouts at all times of day. 1st level support just replaced connectors
> and checked signal levels. Part of the problem is that, even though I
> have business class service, it uses the same coax that the neighbor
> kids stream videos and play games. Most of my problems are during times
> that this would be taking place but not all.
>
> I need to know your thoughts about switching to AT&T fiber and possibly
> U-verse for TV . Please help! ;-)

This is my local smokeping graph when switching a few months ago. Have been
nothing but pleased with AT&T (threw up in my mouth just typing that). Had
to enable IPv6 on the AT&T router, but zero issues since whereas TWC was a
daily struggle to stay connected to VPN or WFH or play games or stream.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/365533832935505921/599089274817740850/quad9_last_864000_on_ATT_after_TWC.png