[TriLUG] Open source zoom-like thingie

Chris Burton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Apr 23 14:37:15 EDT 2020

I am currently running a Jitsi server and have had good results with it. I
have had over 20  connections in a single meeting on the server I am
running it on. all clients connected via chrome and or the Jitsi app.

in this instance, we were all in speaker view with the  channelLastN
setting set to 5. this limits the bandwith needs of the clients and server
and also lower cpu usage on the client computer.

It would be important that all connections come from a Chrome-based browser
or the official Jitsi app for desktop or mobile.

Chris