[TriLUG] Zoom - conferencing

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Apr 24 16:28:54 EDT 2020

I think the security issues were largely that they didn't do enough to
prevent social engineering.

Most prominent is that Zoom was automatically converting network locations
to click-able links, and those links could include Windows credentials, so
unscrupulous malefactors (thanks Roger for today's word) were able to paste
links to phish credentials.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/04/unpatched-zoom-bug-lets-attackers-steal-windows-credentials-with-no-warning/

They fixed the issue the same week, so at least they're taking it seriously.
Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."