[TriLUG] tips for a new, RPI-based house server

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 1 16:56:34 EDT 2020

Thanks, Shay. Windows access isn't optional. So the $64 question is
whether Samba and NFS can oversee the same glob of files and make them
available to clients reliably? I have a conservative definition of
reliably (e.g. nobody has ever even heard a rumor of corruption with
this use case). Hopefully this is really a question of how reliable the
underlying filesystem is, and I guess that's another question. I'd like
to stick with ext4 with the RAID management on top, but maybe that's not
ideal for this sort of thing?

-Pete