[TriLUG] tips for a new, RPI-based house server

shay walters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 1 19:28:17 EDT 2020

 >  I'd like to stick with ext4 with the RAID management on top,
> but maybe that's not ideal for this sort of thing?

What I have is one small-ish HD to boot the system.  Then there are three
other drives that are partitioned as "Linux-RAID" to make a device "MD0"
which has an EXT4 filesystem on it.  I looked with fdisk and gdisk, but
both of them are giving me garbage, so I'm now not so sure how I
partitioned those disks.  It's been a long time since I did that.  Possibly
something with ZFS or BTRFS.    The nfs-tools (I think that was it) was a
simple install with synaptic, as I recall.  There was a bit of
configuration, but if I can do it, anybody can.

-Shay