[TriLUG] BTRFS dedupe & RAID 1 Re: tips for a new, RPI-based house server

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 1 20:23:41 EDT 2020

I just create two ext4 filesystems on their respective drives and
combine them with the raid config into the MDn device. But a single
BTRFS filesystem has inherent support for RAID 1 straddling drives and
the copy on write and potential deduplication support are very
appealing. I just wonder if this would be a bridge too far.

-Pete