[TriLUG] Linux home directory management is about to undergo major change

Steve Litt via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu May 7 16:29:55 EDT 2020

On Thu, 7 May 2020 15:05:04 -0400
Cristóbal Palmer <cmp at cmpalmer.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 2:11 PM Steve Litt via TriLUG
> <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> >

> > [snip Poettering lobbying Gnome: Haven't yet found cite]
> >

> The article I linked in another thread covers this part pretty
> thoroughly in the "rise to power" section:
>
> https://blog.darknedgy.net/technology/2020/05/02/0/index.html#rise

Yep, thanks! The preceding link points to the following cite for
Poettering lobbying Gnome to develope a thicker interface with systemd:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-May/msg00427.html

Thanks Cristóbal!

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist