[TriLUG] Lenovo and LINUX

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 4 12:07:04 EDT 2020

In vaguely 2001 or 2002 I met a professor at a conference and he was
running Linux on a T series IBM laptop. When we last met in maybe 2005
he was still hauling that thing around with a few hundred thousand miles
on it. Lots of duct tape holding it in one piece at that point but it
was still working. My point is that Linux was solid on that laptop
series long before Lenovo came to town.

I wish the fingerprint reader worked too. That and some hassles with
Bluetooth are the only issues I've had with my (Lenovo) T440s and T520
models. With an E531 it took literally years to figure out how to
disable the touch pad gesture recognition. Until then it was not usable
without an outboard mouse.

-Pete