[TriLUG] August 13th Meeting Link

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Aug 13 13:45:00 EDT 2020

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020, Matt Flyer via TriLUG wrote:

> I've never used Jitsi before, so to ask a potentially stupid question,
> except for the experience of finding that conferencing applications and
> websites don't always work with Linux: I see from their website that
> they have phone apps for the two major makes, but do you need to do
> anything special or download an application to attend the virtual
> meeting with a (Linux) PC and a browser?
>
> I am asking in part, because every time I have started to attend a
> meeting using a new service I get mired in IT setup for the first 30
> minutes.

+1

After downloading jitsi and seeing nothing reasonable, I just found there's
jitsi and jitsi-meet. I think what we need tonight is jitsi-meet

I just now went to the url below and connected to the url and was expecting a
challenge for a passwd. Instead I was just allowed to click "join meeting". When
I did, I found I was the only one there. This is the expected result if I've
joined the correct meeting, but it's also the expected result if I've joined a
null meeting, so I don't know if I'm doing it right either.

Joe

> Also, how well does it work when you have a large number of attendees,
> like we may with the lug meeting?
>
> On Thu, 2020-08-13 at 09:28 -0400, Jeff Moore via TriLUG wrote:
>> Everyone,
>>
>> Tonight's meeting will be hosted using Jitsi. The invite link is
>> https://meet.jit.si/TriLUG0813and the password is hunter2. See you
>> there!
>>
>> - Jeff
> --
> This message was sent to: jmack at austintek.com <jmack at austintek.com>

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml