[TriLUG] ATT convert pop to imap

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Aug 15 07:20:01 EDT 2020

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020, Michael Rulison via TriLUG wrote:

I don't really understand your situation.

What happens when you use this information

https://emailconfiguration.com/bellsouth-net

in Thunderbird?

synchronising between various clients is a nightmare. I keep the server as the
true state of the files. I then use clients to access the server one at a time.

Joe

> [If this is a duplicate of content, I apologize, please delete other one.]
>
> I am caught in ATT support hell! No liveĀ  person for 15+ minutes, etc.
>

> I am working with a friend'c account with bellsouth.net email address.
> It names itself as POP.
>
> Apparently webmail at ATT/Yahoo/Currently cannot be converted to IMAP.
> The route is to create an IMAP and then copy POP stuff to the IMAP.
> Then, supposedly one can create a new IMAP in Thunderbird and download
> all of the webmail IMAP intoTbird and have synchronization between web,
> local, and smartphone.
>
> I am stuck at the webmail: how to create a new imap account?
>
> Or is there some other route?

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml