[TriLUG] ATT convert pop to imap

Michael Rulison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Aug 15 06:35:25 EDT 2020

[If this is a duplicate of content, I apologize, please delete other one.]

I am caught in ATT support hell! No live  person for 15+ minutes, etc.

I am working with a friend'c account with bellsouth.net email address.
It names itself as POP.

Apparently webmail at ATT/Yahoo/Currently cannot be converted to IMAP.
The route is to create an IMAP and then copy POP stuff to the IMAP.
Then, supposedly one can create a new IMAP in Thunderbird and download
all of the webmail IMAP intoTbird and have synchronization between web,
local, and smartphone.

I am stuck at the webmail: how to create a new imap account?

Or is there some other route?

--

N.B.1: Email <> SMS Txt <> voice mail <> Phone Call | You choose the one you want; I choose how my phone treats it.
N.B.2: Please do not confuse, a short, pointed email with an epic novel.