[TriLUG] looking for bridge mode cable modem for Spectrum

Stephen Bryant via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 26 09:34:16 EDT 2020

My setup with Spectrum is -

SB6183 modem for internet
Spectrum-supplied box for telephone

The surfboard is just a modem, not a router (so no need for bridge mode) and I'm using my own Ubiquiti router.

Spectrum didn't give me any trouble about setting up my modem, even though the box I'm using for phone is capable of running the internet as well. I just have them both hooked to the coax via a splitter. I'm in SC rather than NC, but I doubt it makes any difference.

- Stephen