[TriLUG] looking for bridge mode cable modem for Spectrum

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 26 10:13:01 EDT 2020

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020, Stephen Bryant via TriLUG wrote:

> Spectrum-supplied box for telephone

what sort of box is this? It seems most of the modems don't come with
phone, so I might have to get some sort of outboard device. I've found an
ATA (analog to something adapter) which is ethernet on one side and RJ-11
on the other and behaves like a message machine, but I haven't heard of
your device.

Joe

> The surfboard is just a modem, not a router (so no need for bridge mode)
> and I'm using my own Ubiquiti router.
>
> Spectrum didn't give me any trouble about setting up my modem, even
> though the box I'm using for phone is capable of running the internet as
> well. I just have them both hooked to the coax via a splitter. I'm in SC
> rather than NC, but I doubt it makes any difference.

jmack (at) trilug (dot) org - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml