[TriLUG] looking for bridge mode cable modem for Spectrum

Mike Viscount via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 26 19:18:36 EDT 2020

Here's what I have with Spectrum including phone line .... You don't
actually need the Sagecom but it was/is free so I started using it to make
sure everything was good and if not I could blame it on them ... and
everything is good.  If they were to charge me for it I'd say no thanks and

Aris TM1602A - cable modem w/ 2 phone jacks
  - Touchstone TM1602 Telephony Modem
  -
https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/ConsumerProductDetail?p=a0ha000000RpkogAAB&c=Touchstone%20Modems#panel3
  - cable in
  - network out port
  - 2 phone line out jacks

Sagecom Fast 5260 - Wireless Router

https://d15yx0mnc9teae.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/sup_F5260UserGuide15Apr17-1493911320.pdf
  - Internet/WAN in
  - 4 LAN network ports

Network out from the Aris to the Sagecom Internet/WAN port

I run 1 of my Sagecom network ports out to a 16 port switch that
distributes around the house
1 of those switch ports goes out to my back yard to a Ubiquity Access Point
I am able to access/configure my wireless router via Web GUI

Everything works as expected ... well, being Time Warner/Spectrum I didn't
actually expect it to work as expected but so far it has ... I've been
using it for about 2 years now without any issues with the networking or
the phone line.

Mike