[TriLUG] looking for bridge mode cable modem for Spectrum

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Oct 27 11:31:15 EDT 2020

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020, Mike Viscount via TriLUG wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the details. I see that I get everything I want in one box. I
wish the Spectrum person had made the same suggestion. He just said "get
any DOCSIS box", which wasn't terribly helpful.

> Here's what I have with Spectrum including phone line .... You don't
> actually need the Sagecom but it was/is free so I started using it to make
> sure everything was good and if not I could blame it on them ... and
> everything is good.  If they were to charge me for it I'd say no thanks and
>
> Aris TM1602A - cable modem w/ 2 phone jacks
>  - Touchstone TM1602 Telephony Modem
>  -
> https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/ConsumerProductDetail?p=a0ha000000RpkogAAB&c=Touchstone%20Modems#panel3
>  - cable in
>  - network out port

does the WAN port on your Sagecom get a public IP? (ie the TM1602A is
acting as a modem only and not as a router)

>  - 2 phone line out jacks

that's what I'd like.

Most people are getting their phone via an ATA and are happier doing it
that way; ie they're getting their phone from a different provider than
the internet.

Joe
jmack (at) trilug (dot) org - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml