[TriLUG] Mesh WiFi

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Oct 27 11:03:34 EDT 2020

What I meant is, Matt Flyer specifically said that he had cat 6 runs to
power each mesh AP, and was using dedicated wireless links between the 2,
setting the cat 6 link to PoE only.

In what scenario would that ever be better than using the cat 6 as the data
link back to the head of the network?

That doesn't make sense to me, but there's a high probability that there's
something about mesh wifi I don't understand.

-Wes