[TriLUG] Google fiber

Alan Sterger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Dec 3 12:26:13 EST 2020

I have gigabit Google Fiber.

Our development's Fiber was run in October 2017 using the micro-trench
method where a rotating saw blade cuts through roadway asphalt where it
meets the concrete curb, stuff in the fiber, then seal the narrow trench
with an asphalt sealer.  Our recurring issues happen in winter during
hard freezes (~20 degrees).  The sealant actually pops up out of the
trench, like a cobra snake.  We have had the contractor back nearly
every spring since it was installed.  I believe the contractor is
testing different sealers.

-- Alan