[TriLUG] Google fiber

Brian via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Dec 3 13:58:30 EST 2020

On 12/3/20 12:26 PM, Alan Sterger via TriLUG wrote:
>  Our recurring issues happen in winter during
> hard freezes (~20 degrees).  The sealant actually pops up out of the
> trench, like a cobra snake.  We have had the contractor back nearly
> every spring since it was installed.  I believe the contractor is
> testing different sealers.

Interesting.  Does service get interrupted when the sealant creeps out?

Near where I live, several new houses were built along the main road.
Apparently the water and/or sewer mains are pretty much in the middle of
the street, so each house has a brand-new badly-repaved trench reaching
from the curb to the middle of the road.  I'm not sure I understand why
the trenches get repaved so poorly, unless it's just a matter of doing
it as cheaply as possible.

-B