[TriLUG] Google fiber

Bill Weinel via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Dec 5 15:07:42 EST 2020

Well other than the initial pain of getting a fiber run up the street to
the side of my house from their mux at the corner... I've had no issues
with AT&T here.

Google had originally promised to get their fiber over here in our
neighborhood three to four years ago. They finally got around to
installing their fiber interduct on my street just last week. Still no
fiber! Apparently our section of town is the last section of Raleigh
waiting on their fiber network to be installed. So I got tired of
waiting on Google and had AT&T fiber installed. So far, it's been 100%
uptime since the install. I also have nothing but good things to say
about their inside installation technician. He was very knowledgeable
and responsive as to what I required for my equipment interface and was
able to setup their equipment as an IP bridge so that I can continue to
use my (more sophisticated) router for all of my routing and firewalling
requirements.

cheers,

bill