[TriLUG] Google fiber

David Both via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Dec 5 15:11:47 EST 2020

   This was my experience as well. Easy install and the installer was
   knowledgeable. No downtime either.

   Google has not even gotten close to us in North Raleigh.

   On 12/5/20 3:07 PM, Bill Weinel via TriLUG wrote:

     Well other than the initial pain of getting a fiber run up the
     street to the side of my house from their mux at the corner... I've
     had no issues with AT&T here.
     Google had originally promised to get their fiber over here in our
     neighborhood three to four years ago. They finally got around to
     installing their fiber interduct on my street just last week. Still
     no fiber! Apparently our section of town is the last section of
     Raleigh waiting on their fiber network to be installed. So I got
     tired of waiting on Google and had AT&T fiber installed. So far,
     it's been 100% uptime since the install. I also have nothing but
     good things to say about their inside installation technician. He
     was very knowledgeable and responsive as to what I required for my
     equipment interface and was able to setup their equipment as an IP
     bridge so that I can continue to use my (more sophisticated) router
     for all of my routing and firewalling requirements.
     cheers,
     bill