[TriLUG] Google fiber

Eric Blau via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Dec 5 15:25:18 EST 2020

+1 from me for AT&T. They have been very close to 100% uptime since I
signed up for service 2.5 years ago. Speed is close to 1 Gbps every time I
test it.

I also have their equipment in bridge mode, which the knowledgeable
installed technician helped set up, so I can fully use my Ubiquiti
EdgeRouter Lite. I needed a router upgrade after getting AT&T service. My
previous Asus router was only capable of 400 Mbps.

I still have the "Google Fiber is coming to NC" t-shirt that they were
giving out 4-5 years ago. It seems like a bad joke now. Their service is
still unavailable for me. I do appreciate that they keep AT&T's pricing
honest.

-Eric