[TriLUG] Google fiber

Bill Weinel via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Dec 6 08:39:25 EST 2020

On 12/5/20 3:25 PM, Eric Blau via TriLUG wrote:
> I also have their equipment in bridge mode, which the knowledgeable
> installed technician helped set up, so I can fully use my Ubiquiti
> EdgeRouter Lite.

I also use an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite on my network. At 1 Gbps
throughput, it is a perfect match for the AT&T fiber network.

Whenever I speedtest the network, I consistently get the advertised 940
Mbps up/down speed.

> I still have the "Google Fiber is coming to NC" t-shirt that they were
> giving out 4-5 years ago. It seems like a bad joke now.

Yeah, that was also my feeling. I was initially hoping to go with Google
fiber, but their painfully slow rollout soured me on using their service.

> Their service is
> still unavailable for me. I do appreciate that they keep AT&T's pricing
> honest.

That's probably the best thing they have done...

cheers,

bill