[TriLUG] CentOS 8 will become CentOS Stream in 2021

Tim Shearer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Dec 9 09:21:09 EST 2020

Does feel like there's an unclear overlap between Fedora and CentOS, and
wonder if Fedora might be for the chop.

Curious what alternative distros people are going to consider if stability
is their no.1 priority? Personally I've found the extremely long
lifespans of CentOS (and the resulting ancient packages) is difficult to
support modern applications on. Debian and Ubuntu LTS provide a better
balance between stability and up-to-date packages/kernel for me.