[TriLUG] CentOS 8 will become CentOS Stream in 2021

William Sutton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Dec 9 10:31:35 EST 2020

In the past, I've had good luck using Debian for production environments;
however, the past couple of employers have been of the Red Hat persuasion.

I stay away from Ubuntu (too many horror stories from people who go to do
an upgrade and end up with a full re-install).

I did run Gentoo for a while, but after the UDEV-200 fiasco, wouldn't use
it for anything production (they may have fixed their tendency to
breakage, but I've been burnt).

William Sutton