[TriLUG] Looking for linux friendly web hosting

Thomas Delrue via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Jan 17 11:23:39 EST 2021

I'll just drop this in without necessarily offering an endorsement:

I've used both Linode (https://www.linode.com/ - Philly-based I believe)
and DigitalOcean (https://www.digitalocean.com/ - NYC-based, IIRC); and
personally, I prefer DigitalOcean.
Based on what you are trying to do, I think DO may be best aligned with
your goal.

If you're looking for super-simple (!) web hosting of a wordpress site,
I've used LaughingSquid (https://laughingsquid.us/) for that purpose.

I'd also be interested in hearing from the DL which others exist and
whether or not DO/Linode have 'issues'...